From:
Laura Mars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 11:15:23 -0400
<That lead us to several questions:
-what is the difference between kitsch and tacky?>

I think you would need to define tacky. IN some ways things that are kitsch
have a tacky appeal and that is a quite modern word.

If you are interested in high end crafts you might get in touch with the
School for the American Craftsman at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
 YOu should be able to locate fine beading in other places as well. It is not
just a tacky art form.    There are those that take it quite seriously.

I think when you take a look at the definition of what is kitsch you will
find the tacky right in there.

Laura [log in to unmask]