From:
Bruce Wyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:21:12 -0600
I'm looking for suggestions of great uses of technology in museum
exhibits or as part of the overall museum experience - things that
really enhanced and improved the visitor's experience, while not just
being over the top.

It might be a nicely done interactive tour that remembers where
you've been, an unexpected surface that ended up being an interactive
display, an entire environment that was reactive, projections that
appear in unexpected places, etc. Things that were part of an amazing
experience beyond the average, nicely interfaced touchscreen in the
corner of an exhibit.

I'm looking for visual treats, auditory delights, tactile sensations
- engaging interactions.

If there's a museum that just seems to get technology right from your
point of view, I'd love to hear about that as well. At the same time,
if you've examples of things that just seemed like they were well
intentioned, but seemed to miss the mark, I'd be interested to know.

I know it's a pretty broad query, but I'd love to hear people's great
experiences.

Thanks.

-bw.
--
Bruce Wyman, Director of New Technologies
Denver Art Museum  /  100 W 14th Ave. Pkwy, Denver, CO 80204