From:
Ashok Sharma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:53:29 -0400
I have to agree with both points of view, because as a recent MA.
graduate, I too find myself walking into slammed doors.  I chose my area
of specialization, with open-ended optimism and enthusiam (Asian Art
History).  I still find myself falling back on the realization that
something will work out, if I persist in my search, though I am not sure
how realistic this is.  In any case, I cant see myself dropping out of
the race anytime soon, even though it is beginning to seem increasingly
tempting.

Anita