From:
Anne Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:49:13 -0500
We treat these objects as field collections, and accession them as such.
They get a temporary custody receipt but no gift agreement; this is put
in the file and the accession number, when it is assigned, put on it.
The file is titled "2006.xxx Lane Field Collection", with Lane being the
staff member's name. On the other hand, if you wanted to, you could
treat them as gifts from the staff member who picked them up. Just
because they were not paid for by the staff member doesn't mean they
can't be acknowledged as gifts. Just be consistent in what you do - that
is the most important thing. Make it a part of your collections policy
so the next person knows what to do.
Anne, collections gnome; troll on alternate Wednesdays

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
704-568-1774, ext 110
Featured Winter Events and Exhibits:Celtic Traditions Festival -
Saturday, December 10, 11:00-4:00 p.m. and Sunday, December 11,
2:30-6:00 p.m.Exhibits Alive: Colonial Christmas - Saturday, December
17, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Twelfth Night: A Scots-Irish Holiday Celebration - Saturday, January 7,
6:30-8:30 p.m.
American Visions of Liberty & Freedom Opening Day - Saturday, February 4
Faces & Stories: A Portrait of Southern Writers closes January 2006
A Focus on Sports, January 14-August 15, 2006
American Visions of Liberty & Freedom, February 4-May 28, 2006
For information on these and all other events, please call (704)
568-1774 or visit us online at www.charlottemuseum.org