From:
Eric Espig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:19:15 -0400
The Diefenbunker: Canada's Cold War Museum is undergoing a renovation to its existing emergency exit and fire safety strategy which will allow our building capacity to increase from 60  to 500 visitors. This means we will have to implement a new self guided system in addition to our guided tours.

I have seen the Brooklyn Museums iPhone app and it looks amazing! Has anyone tried it and care to share some feedback? Also, is this the type of application that can be tailored to any museum, or is it specific to the Brooklyn Museum?

http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/press/uploads/Smart_Phone_Guide_Release.pdf

We are at a point where this kind of bold leap forward is actually a possibility for us, but unfortunately there is not a lot of precedent information available. Any comments, or suggestions would be most welcome.

Eric Espig
Programs Manager
Diefenbunker Museum