From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 12:01:01 -0500
For what it is worth:

Some years ago, looking for a position at a museum, I sent in a resume in
response to a job advertised in the New York Times.  Not receiving a
response after a suitable number of weeks, I forgot about the application,
but remembered it when I bumped into the head of personnel from that museum
at an AAM conference.  I asked her if it was the policy of the museum not
to acknowledge applications for listed positions.

Her answer:
Oh, we don't read resumes that come in from THOSE listings.

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.pipeline.com/~rabaron/