From:
Ruth Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 07:05:18 -0500
I think the issue is not that Masters degree programs are artificially depressing wages, but rather that getting the degree does not necessarily help get a higher paying job. So you work hard to increase your credentials and are still competing for the same low wage jobs that you would have without it. We have several prestigious programs in our area: public history, library and archives, and museum studies. The graduates are highly desirable, and I still simply cannot pay them what they expect and deserve.

Ruth S. Taylor
Executive Director
Newport Historical Society
<http://www.newporthistorical.org/> www.newporthistorical.org <http://www.newporthistorical.org/>