Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 09:04:15 -0500
Does your museum have a policy regarding requests made by politicians and
candidates to appear informally at museum sponsored events?  We had an event
(an exhibit opening) which included music, dancing (display) and food in the
park across the street.  The incumbent senator asked to come and speak
briefly.  This all happened at the last minute.  We let him come, but he did
not make a campaign speech, rather focusing on the purpose of the celebration,
which was hispanic heritage.

We recognize that this could well happen again, and would like to be prepared.

If you have a policy that you could share, we would appreciate it.  You can
either respond by e-mail or regular mail.

Thank you, in advance!

Laurie Van Ark
Holland Historical Trust
31 W 10th St