From:
Robin Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:13:11 -0500
<snip>  My
>biggest question is why, in an article just a couple of issues ago, did
>_Museum News_  paint such a rosy picture of Baltimore museum community.
>Sure we have had a couple of high profile museums open lately and a new
>one on the way, but why didn't they mention how strapped for funds the
>museums that already exist are?

>Why doesn't Museum News cover these issues with more perspective and
>thought?

I have to echo Matthew's sentiments.  This news shocked and saddened me,
precisely because the MN piece had left me feeling that Baltimore was a city
that was doing it right.  Being a native of Baltimore, I've gone from
bragging rights to hanging my head in shame in just over a month's time.

Any suggestions of ways to influence the editorial policies and quality of
reporting in MN?

Robin Wagner
Projects Coordinator
The Field Museum