From:
Lucy Sperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:59:38 -0700
O.K. I gotta jump in. Everyone's going to think this is hokey, but it works.
At least is works for the kinds of yellow jackets that like to feed on meat.

Fill a bucket with soapy water. Then hang a small piece of bacon on a string
so that it is nearly touching the water.  The insects come to feed, and when
they go to fly again, they have to dip down and that traps them in the
water.  I've saved a few backyard barbecues with this method.  It also
provides them with something they are more attracted to than people.

Lucy Sperlin
Chico, CA