Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 13:58:12 -0700
Jessica Harris:

There are serveral museum studies masters programmes in the US. There
are several in the UK (including a collaborative programme between the
Reinwardt Academy (U of Amsterdam affiliation), and the University of
Newcastle), University of Leicester has one of the very few Museum
Studies programmes through the PhD level, University of Umeå in Sweden
has one of the few Museology programmes (also through the PhD)--Swedish
is required since participation in seminars is part of the overall
programme--and is an enlightened model of what education can be. The are
several guides available (I don't have the names handy, but a search of
the Museum-L archives will reveal them:
http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/museum-l.html

Dave Wells