From:
Cary Karp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:58:05 +0200
Quoting Maggie Harrer:

> One more questions, is it possible, and/or perhaps
> desireable, to simply copy the web site onto the new .museum
> domain and thereby have it the same in both places??

Nothing would make us happier. Until the domain is created,
though, there is no way that we can place anything in it.

> It seems that web sites are most successful when you have as
> many avenues as possible to connect to it.

Absolutely correct. It is hoped that museums which, for example,
do not have intuitive or memorable Web addresses but are
constrained from changing them, may find it useful to have
alternate designations in .museum. These would then ease the
user's task of locating the desired resources.

At present this largely applies to the resource location device
called the "Domain Name Guessing Game". As meaningful domain
designations become more common, however, it is expected that the
formally structured search engines will start to use them as
index terms.

/Cary