From:
Mark Janzen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 10:31:19 -0500

Rachel,

Depending on what you mean by documenting...we all do condition reports,

loan forms, and shipping documentation. Some of our procedures include

periodic checks, environmental monitoring, etc. What is documented, and how

much is recorded varies widely.

I do not think the standards were terribly different 10 years ago, we just

have more examples and details to work with. We are probably more thorough

and complete in our documentation, and we are probably far more consistent

across the field than we were.

You will need to be more specific in letting us know what information you

are seeking. Are you looking for statistics or just documentation types?

Are you thinking about documentation of exhibition development or

post-exhibition monitoring. Are you thinking about documentation of

in-house or loaned exhibitions? Or all of these?

We can provide you with lots of info, but we need a little guidance in

specific terms.

Thanks.

Mark Janzen

Registrar/Collections Manager

Edwin A. Ulrich Museum of Art

Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection

Wichita State University

(316)978-5850

             registrator

             <registrator@ZONN

             ET.NL>                                                     To

             Sent by: Museum           [log in to unmask]

             discussion list                                            cc

             SE.LSOFT.COM>                                         Subject

                                       documenting exhibitions

             05/24/2004 05:59

             AM

             Please respond to

             Museum discussion

                   list

               SE.LSOFT.COM>

Hi,

(The last time, I didn't get any response, so I'm trying again.)

Are there people who have experiences with documenting exhibitions?

I’m interesting in experiences at this time and experiences of 10 years

ago.

Hopefully, I’ll get any respond this time. For me it is very important: I'm

graduating my study of museology!

Best regards,

Rachel Bellwinkel

Subscriber Information: