From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:44:20 -0700
Mary Burke compressed these thoughts through the cyber-mist:

>e iola and others:
>
>Not a comment about a specific website, but a comment in general:
>
>I attended a website for seniors development meeting last week and wondered
>if it's possible to install a "Large Print Edition" button on one's website?
>*Most* sites are challenging for the less visually acute (bifocal wearers,
>etc.). I suppose one would have to compose another page in a large font and
>the button would be a link...but is there a better way?

Hi, Mary -

Both Netscape and Internet Explorer have options built into their
browsers for increasing or decreasing font size.

Fortunately, web designers do not need to create separate sites in order
to accomodate different users' font size preferences.  But UNfortunately
for designers, the appearance and sometimes functionality of a webpage
can get all goofed up if the user decides to increase or decrease the
font size on their end.  Sigh...such are the frustrations of this
medium...

To change the size of type on a webpage, go to "Preferences" in Netscape
and select "Font" -- in Explorer you should be able to make changes using
a toolbar button at the top of the browser (you may have to go to
"preferences" in older versions).

Best,
Stephen

     S t e p h e n    N o w l i n       Director, Williamson Gallery

     Vice President                     Producer, Art Center Online
     Art Center College of Design       www.artcenter.edu

Museum-L" (without the quotes).