From:
Mary Agnes Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:18:40 -0400
Hello Everyone:  I am looking for figures to tell me what has worked for
museum exhibition and collection folks when planning for and using
exhibition and support space.  This is for a general museum emphasizing art
and history objects.  We plan to have a permanent collection (with growth
potential) and changing exhibitions.  AS a result we will need both short-
and long-term storage as well as a receiving dock, crate storage and
exhibition prep areas.  I plan to meet with the architect on this subject
in the near future and want to be prepared with an idea of generally
acceptable ratios regarding support space to gallery space.  I can refer to
my own experience in advising him, but would enjoy hearing from other
museums and non-profit galleries on this subject.  Many thanks.  Feel free
to contact me off list if you prefer at [log in to unmask]  Thank you!