From:
Leonard Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 08:12:57 GMT
There is a place called the "London Dungeon" in London (UK) which apparently
shows some of the horrible things that were done to prisoners in times past.
I have never visited it - the publicity is enough to put me off. Madame
Tussaud's also has a famous "Chamber of horrors".

Is nobody worried about promoting this sort of stuff? We should not
suppress the worst aspects of the past, any more than the atrocities which
are still occurring, but should we make them into entertainment?  Is this
not just making money from the worst kind of pornography, akin to the
"video nasties" which most people condemn? Have museum people thought about
this as a matter of policy? Where do you draw the lines between history,
fantasy and depravity?

Leonard Will

--
Dr Leonard D Will                           Tel: +44 81 366 7386
Information Management Consultant           Fax: +44 81 366 0916