From:
James Tichgelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:51:40 -0600
I agree.  If you avoid features that require the FrontPage extensions
and stick to basic HTML, FrontPage works just fine (and the link check
command and site-wide spellcheck are very handy).  I also use Publisher
for part of my site because it allows me to create print and internet
versions of the same material (why do the same work twice?).
I am experimenting with Past Perfect as a third website creation
software, but am currently limited by the space available on our campus
server (and compatibility issues with the version of UNIX running on the
server).  I will eventually place many (but not all) of our collections
records online.  It will be useful for both casual surfers and
researchers.  The photo collection and our quilts are two areas that I
expect will see lots of use, and our fossil collections will reach a
broader research audience.  However, I want to have better data about
the collections before I put 20,000 objects on the internet, and so I
will not go too far before I do an in-depth inventory of the
collections.

--
James H Tichgelaar
Registrar, Arkansas State University Museum

"All we ever wanted was everything.  All we ever got was cold."