Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 19:35:24 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Alicia Browne
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Hello everybody:
>I'm doing some research on the use of first and third person
interpretation in
>living history museums.  I'm particularly interested in how visitors
react to
>costumed interpreters.  Do they like the human presence?  Are they made
>uncom-...

Alicia,

You may want to take a look at my thesis, which is called "Communicating
In First-Person: Perspectives on Interpreter-Visitor Interaction." I am
currently updating and expanding the work for publication. If you cannot
find it via interlibrary loan, I can loan you a copy of it.

Many thanks to Ken Yellis for mentioning it. I have been off doing living
history programs this week and have not had a chance to read through the
Museum-L messages until today.

BTW, Ken's "Real Time" article was the inspiration for my thesis.

Alicia, you can contact me at the following address, or call...

Stacy Roth / [log in to unmask]
History On The Hoof
P.O. Box 383
Langhorne, PA 19047