From:
"Arthur H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:30:29 -0600
Jill K. Harris wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, since I have yet to receive a single virus
> containing email, why do you suspect a Museum-L lister?  I subscribe to many
> list serves, and, like I said, I haven't gotten any emails with a virus or
> even any message from my virus software of any suspicious emails.  Are you
> just figuring that the odds, with such a large group of listers, are that
> someone on the list has the virus?  I'm just interested, since I don't know
> how these things work.  Jill

Once I got onto our IT system virus protection (communication mixup and I had
had to rely on an on-machine virus protector), I stopped receiving the virus
messages (previously, over 600 since the virus started).  If you're getting
none, then I would suspect that your IT people have set it up to capture and
delete at the server level rather than letting it through to your machine.  If
so, do something nice for them--they deserve it.

Art Harris

--
Laboratory for Environmental Biology, Centennial Museum
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX  79968-0915