From:
Eugene Dillenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:22:35 -0500
Before this discussion strays too far off-topic, I think it would be good to
issue of Curator (49 / 1).  I believe this is the passage:

"The channel [MTV] recignizes that it is in dialogue with its viewers; they
form the brand together.  The Brooklyn Museum of Art realized the same
thing.  Along with the usual anonymnous labels written by curators, its
'American Voices' installation also offers Community Voices labels written
by ordinary museumgoers.  The National Museum of the American Indian in
Washington, DC went a step further.  Staff not only worked with 'community
curators,' but also identified the author of each label, effectively
undermining the idea of a single, authoritative version of truth and
promoting a more inclusive, provisional one."

(Jason Petrulis, reivew of the books "Branded Nation: The Marketing of
Megachurch, College Inc. and Museumworld" by James B. Twitchell, and "No
Logo" by Naomi Klein)

So, just to be clear, from the very beginning we have been discussing
museum-visitor collaborations.  The initial post may not have stated this
explicitly, but since it did give the citation, there was probably little
need for it to do so.

PS -- I thought the whole point of wikis was that they *didn't* have large
editorial boards?  I could be mistaken.

Eugene Dillenburg
Exhibit Developer
The Science Museum of Minnesota