From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:39:05 -0400
I can't let the opportunity pass to tell you all that Robert Vaughan is one
of the finest interpreters of historical trades I have seen on four
continents. A blacksmith (among many other things!), he has a wonderful way
with visitors of all ages and is truly a joy to watch in action. The Smith
Falls Railway Museum is an unusual and VERY interesting museum and should
not be missed by visitors to eastern Ontario. What other museum would have a
DENTAL car in their collection?

What Robert DIDN'T tell you is that he is also on staff of the Billings
Estate here in Ottawa, an historic property well worth visiting.

Robert just sent me an email to say that he had finished fabricating an iron
tripod for my companion Sue, who does 1750-1840 period cooking
demonstrations.

All right, Robert! How much of it is held together with duct tape???!!!

Harry

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0M8
Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
Email: [log in to unmask]