From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 11:04:48 -0700
You probably know I use Yahoogroups for the ones I run
and most for which I am a participant.  You may also
want to be aware that Google has groups available:

http://groups-beta.google.com/

The Yahoogroups are awfully easy to manage and include
many options.  You can do polls, chat, store photos
and files, maintain a calendar, links, have a
database, and promote the Yahoo groups.  The biggest
headache I have is from those who bounce (but that's
usually their email and not Yahoogroups).  You
probably will want to have your members on moderated
status to ensure you don't get spammers and be careful
in your settings that their email addresses aren't
visible so they don't become prey to multi-level
marketers.

--- Aaron Beebe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thank you everyone for the dry ice answers.  They've
> given me what I needed
> to provide an answer to my event organizer.
> I have another question since this is such a helpful
> group...
>
> I'd like to set up a listserv for our museum's
> membership.  I'm looking for
> something pretty much like this forum.  It's a small
> group of people, so I
> don't need anything fancy.  I'm guessing I'll just
> go with a yahoo group,
> but I'm wondering what other people use if you're
> too small to have your own
> server in-house.  Are there still free services?  Do
> any of the associations
> offer that kind of thing?
>
> Anyone deal with this stuff?
>
> Aaron
> ____________________________
> Aaron Beebe
> Curator,
> The Coney Island Museum
> www.coneyisland.com

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Indigo Nights