From:
Patti Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 08:41:18 -0400
I second Joshua Heuman's recommendation of the OAAG study.

To request further information on the 1994 study published by the OAAG
(Ontario Association of Art Galleries), contact:

        Anne Kolisnyk, Executive Director
        Ontario Association of Art Galleries
        489 King Street West, Suite 306
        Toronto, Ontario   CANADA
        M5V 1K4

        T: (416) 598-0714
        F: (416) 598-4128

>On Sep 22, 11:48am, Peter Jorgensen wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> I'm having a tough time finding any studies that look into the question of
>> "Why do people visit museums?".
>> I would appreciate any pointers to studies that have looked at this.
>
>You might try Americans and the Arts VI (1991 or 1992) for the NEA study.
>They supply both their methodology, statistics (in chart form) and limited
>analysis.
>I see you are in Buffalo, so you can try to get a copy of the 1994 study
>published by the OAAG (Ontario Association of Art Galleries).  The poling was
>done by Angus Reid.  The results are presented in thre separate volumes.  Two
>volumes contain all the statistics in innumerable charts whereas the third
>volume is a collection of essays and analyses that are quite helpful.  Of
>course, this study only deals with art galleries and museum in Canada (mostly
>Ontario).
>

>Joshua Heuman
>Art History Undergraduate

Patricia Moore