From:
Erin Gerrity <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:01:24 -0400
Yes the Carlton Arms is a lot of fun. I was there this past May. There are
two cats that live there and they come in your room to hang out and take a
nap if you let them. If you're going in Summer, make sure your room has an
air conditioner. It was already pretty hot in there the first week of May,
but sort of romantic, like you were staying in a room in the 1920's or
something, no phone, no tv, no fan. The best part was the orange flicker
bulb inside the old fireplace. Our room happened to be an eclectic Victorian
style, but I hear that they're all different. No surface of the building is
undecorated. Everywhere you look are murals, mosaics, vintage art and
furniture. It's a real treat and cheap. Our room had a sink but no bathroom
and it was $87. I think a room with its own bathroom is only $110, including
tax. I highly recommend it!

Erin Gerrity
Portland Museum
Louisville, KY