From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:52:43 -0500
Ms. Hennessey et al:

Actually, you hit the nail on the head -- we are providing space, allowing
him to hang his own show. To tell you the truth, despite the red flags, it
didn't occur to any of us that this might become a problem...it seems to me
that he is in some way trying to tell his life story...perhaps it's
cathartic for him.  We are a very quiet place, as you might imagine, and
heretofore our exhibiting artists have only shown lovely PA landscapes and
non-controversial pieces of that nature! We've had "difficulties" with
artists in the past that I attribute to artistic temperment (sorry to you
non-tempermental artists) and I had planned to create artists'
guidelines...but this situation sort of crept up on me.
I very much appreciate everyone weighing in. Please continue to do so.  I
have learned my lesson, I fear, and after the show opens, I'll post and let
you know if anything occurs (as it looks like I can't pull the pieces at
this point).
Actually, at the risk of being cavalier, it's all a bit wacky.  The fellow
has evolved from a plain person with chest length beard (ala Rasputin) to
this very, very different individual.
Candace Perry