From:
Carla Herling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:54:25 -0500
  Hi Museum-L.

    I am trying to set up a docent policy at our museum.  Currently our docents
are considered active regardless of how many tours they give or what percentage
of meetings they attend.  I have been having miserable attendance from some
docents and want to establish a policy of requiring so many tours a year and so
many meetings attended.  What is the policy at your museum?  Any information
would be greatly appreciated.  I want to be armed with as many examples as
possible when I bring this up to my docents.  You can either post it to the
list, or snail mail me copies of your docent policies.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Carla Herling
Education Curator
Westmoreland Museum of American Art