From:
ed sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:06:49 -0700
Southwest Museum of Engineering,
Communications and Computation
Our Mission is to collect, preserve and document the history of engineering,
communications and computation. We also serve to educate through display of
artifacts, lectures and distribution of  information.

In communications our spectrum covers from signal fires to  satellites. Many
other interesting things covered such as the history of  computers, RADAR,
microscopes, cameras and other optical devices. We cater to electrical,
mechanical, aerospace and other forms of engineering, just to name a few.

Hours: Tuesday - Saturday - 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.

Coury House / SMECC

5802 W Palmaire Ave

Glendale AZ 85301 USA

623-435-1522
Visit our Website! http://www.smecc.org

Email: [log in to unmask]

Edward A. Sharpe, Archivist.
Member of society of broadcast engineers, Senior Member of the IEEE and
Retired CEO of Computer Exchange Inc.

We are seeking examples of any communications and computation technology or
the literature associated with them for our library and displays.
Please contact us!

Current Exhibits: The K.D. Smith Collection  - Early Computers and Data
Processing  - The Ivan Saddler Pioneer AFRS Collection - RCA Electronics
thru the ages - The Paul Beroza Electronics Engineering Library  - Military
Electronics, Communications, RADAR and Countermeasures  - Motorola Products
Display  - Reading Is Communication  - Microscopes and optical devices  -
Amateur radio and Citizens Band.

Ed Sharpe Archivist for SMECC

see the museum at:
http://www.smecc.org