From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:03:01 -0400
On the other hand, a routine pest control maintenance program has prevented
our carpet (on wood subfloor) from being a problem for 15 years.  Sadly,
whoever planned the galleries didn't look ahead.  It's time to replace the
carpet and to do so, all the exhibit installations must be removed.

Hard surfaces may be easy to clean, convenient for the staff for moving
cases & carts, etc. but the visitor has a much quieter experience when the
galleries are full.  The carpet absorbs the noise (and the dust).