From:
Charissa Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 02:06:15 -0500
Hello!  I told many of my clients that the internet could be a better venue
to sell their special collections than other available options.  They asked
me to research it, and I have started by contacting museum related
professionals regarding the below-referenced items.
Please contact me should you be interested in digital images or photos or
other additional information.

EARLY JAPANESE SCULPTURE
From the Collection of Dr. Hahn, known for introducing western-style
dentistry to Japan in the early 1900s.
     [1]       BRONZE STRONG FIGURE OF FUDO WITH HALO-LATE 12TH CENTURY
Kei School, Kamakura Period.  Condition good except for original sword
missing
 (wood replacement).

Extremely Rare --  few bronze pieces from this era.)  Height including halo:
49 3/4."
     [2]      KAMAKURA WOOD FIGURE OF AMIDA -CIRCA 1200 A.D.
 Standing in a gesture of Raigo in standing in a gesture of Raigo-in, clad in
simple robes with formal folds  Blackened from incense,   some gold lacquer
remains.  Lotus form base, pagoda with lacquer deciples on each door.

Height of Figure:  20+".   Overall Height with base:  33". Height of  Figure
including base & halo:  41".  Height of Pagoda:  42".  (Rare)
      [3]     CARVED WOOD & LACQUER FIGURE OF AMIDA, CIRCA 17-18TH CENTURY
 (Or Earlier)   Standing  in a gesture of Raigo-in clad in simple robes.
 Blackened from incense yet some gold lacquer  remains.  Lacquer pagoda, with
each door having a lacquer deciple.   Height of Figure: 14" Overall Height
with Base: 22 1/2"  Height of Pagoda:   30 1/2"
     [4]   BRONZE FIGURE OF AMIDA (?) 7TH-8TH CENTURY
 Right Arm Missing - Otherwise Good Condition.  Height:  13 3/4".

CHINESE EARTHENWARE BURIAL OBJECT - DATED & INSCRIBED  CHIN MING-CH'I
"...Myriad Sacrificial Vessel of the Deceased P'iae-chi General Wang Tao"
*M.J. Aitken, Research Lab for Archaeology & The History of Art - ". .  last
fired betw 2410 -1600 years ago. . ."
*Ezekiel Schloss, Advisor to Museums & Private Collectors -". . .a case in
point is your rare dated sacrificial  vessel. . .
                                             the molded design on one side
which included officials,  warriors, battle scenes, mythological creatures,
horses, chariots, a donkey and a camel. . ."
*Jordan D. Paper, Ph.D. East Asian Studies Programme, York University
" . . .because of the inscription, the vessel on which it is found is of
considerable importance. . ."

JAPANESE WOODEN SCULPTURE - 1700 A.D.-   JIZO BUDDHA OF TOKUGAWA PERIOD
"Ksitigarbha or a guardian deity of children"  -
 * Authenticated (Kyoto 2/60)  the object as the work of the period
 specified
* Antique natural wooden sculpture representation of the Jizo Buddha
* Standing on wood carving and gold leaf Lotus flowers
* Made about the early Tokugawa's period --1700 A.D.( 250 years old)
* For a Buddhist Temple at SHOTOKUJI Temple at Shonai-Mura, Oita-Gun,
Oita-Ken Kyushu
". .[a] most beautiful antique wooden Jizo Buddha. . "

Please let me know if I may be of assistance in providing additional
 information,  documentation,  background --
or a greater selection --  of this genre --  or  historical backgrounds which
 span vast areas of time -- parts of the world -- and potential significance.
 (Feel free to call so I may tell you more about myself as well!)

*  C H A R I S S A     L E E  *
* 71-550 HIGHWAY 111* RANCHO MIRAGE* CA* 92270* 619/568-4627* FAX:619/5683*
* EMAIL:[log in to unmask] *