From:
"David A. Penney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 08:05:58 EDT
David Haberstich wrote:

 >> In this context, it sounds like "frisson" would mean the "emotional
excitement"
 of the real thing.  Why is this a problem? <<

 I recall using the word "frisson" in my posting correcting the identification
of slave shackles in Fred Wilson's "Mining the Museum" show as being made of
silver.  However, for some reason I have not received Museum-L messages for
the last ten days or so.  I've just had to re-subscribe.  What have I missed?

 (I meant to add that if anyone is still curious about this exhibition, my
museum happens to have a few of the Maryland Historical Society brocures left,
which I could send to anyone by snail-mail.  One photo in the brochure
actually shows the metalwork case and shackles in question.)

 David A. Penney
 Exhibitions Manager
 The Baltimore Museum of Art
 E-mail from: