From:
Sarah LeCount <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 09:20:01 -0400
Hi Carrie -

ALHFAM - Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums, has a good system in place for first time attendees.  We have a special packet that goes out to first timers before the conference, explaining how to navigate the conference and giving definitions for the acronyms and jargon we tend to use.  First timers are also invited to a special reception held an hour or more before the conference opening reception. Members of the board and committee members are introduced, each first timer introduces themselves, and there is time for q&a -  it seems to be a good ice breaker. We have considered the mentoring model, but have not gone that route yet.

I hope this helps - feel free to contact me if you'd like more information.

Sarah
A happy member of the ALHFAMily!