From:
Julie Holcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 16:52:46 -0500
Hi all,
Another request.  How do you recognize your docents?  I am in the
enviable position of having a college president who thinks we need to do
more to show our appreciation.  We have an annual catered dinner where
we give out service pins and certificates.  We do lunches three times a
year.  Docents also receive discounts in the gift shop, free admission
to all museum events, a vest, etc.  Does your institution do anything
different than the above to show your docents how much you appreciate
all of their hard work?
Julie Holcomb

--
Julie Holcomb, MLIS, CA
College and Special Collections Archivist

Phone: 903-875-7438 ~ Fax: 903-875-7593
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Internet: http://www.pearcecollections.us/ or
http://www.navarrocollege.edu/library/archives/

"Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they
please; they do not make it under
circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly
found, given, and transmitted
from the past.  The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a
nightmare on the brain of
the living." Karl Marx, The Eighteenth Brumaire