From:
Pendarvis Curator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:12:25 -0500
I have occasionally accomplished this by putting the photo and a label
or a labeled  photo in a polyethylene bag and suspending the whole bag
from the tube - this approach prevents any chance of inks, etc.
transferring from the photo/label.  If you use this approach, it would
probably be best to thread the string through the bag just below the zip
closure, so there is some extra reinforcement keeping the bag from
tearing away too easily. - Tamara Funk, Pendarvis Historic Site, WI
Historical Society.