From:
Tanya Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:52:21 -0500
Dear Listers-

I am looking to learn how other sites have setup processes for visitors to check out tools or materials for use.

Years ago we had some GPS units available for visitors to borrow for a few days off site and then return them.  This was done by the visitor signing an agreement that if the item was not returned by the due date or if it was returned damaged, their credit card would be charged.  Now I am looking at providing similar tools for check out but wanted to see if there was a way others had done this without requesting credit card information.

If you have materials available for checkout at your site, I would appreciate hearing from you to learn what the process is and how it has worked for you (and the visitor).

Thanks.

Tanya Brock
Visitor Services Manager
Minnetrista
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303
765-287-3552
www.minnetrista.net
 please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Minnetrista Cultural Center
 1200 MInnetrista Parkway
 Muncie, Indiana
 United States