From:
cewalker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 07:50:03 -0600
Deborah,
I worked in a corporation for 5 years after completing my MA in Art History.
My job was to build a collection of art for the company's HQ, but I often
interacted with the company's foundation.  Depending on the mission of your
department, there are many avenues for using your background in education.
You might consider working with the local/regional arts community to
establish funding resources and workshops through the corporation.  You
could also consider creating a funding program that builds a corporate
collection of art for the benefit of your employees.  The program could be
supplemented with educational activities for the staff at lunch time, if you
have enough latitude in your job description.  The keys seem to be your
employer's flexibility and your own creativity.
By the way, I went from the corporate world, where I made excellent
contacts, to private consulting and then into a museum.  I'd be happy to
talk with you off-line about the transition.
Sincerely,
Celia Walker