From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:18:06 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Long lines to see dinosaurs in Brazil
This city's Ibirapuera park is the site of the biggest exhibition ever
presented in Brazil of dinosaur fossils and replicas, a show that brings
together 400 pieces and is expected to be visited by more than a million
people and at least a few little future paleontologists

**  Dinosaur's bizarre head appendage still puzzles
David Evans reconstructed the brain cavity of an herbivorous lambeosaur,
also known as the "cows of the Cretaceous period," creating the first ever
cast of the dino's brain, which was about the size of your fist

**  Other Fossil news: Chinese and American paleontologists discover a new
species of Mesozoic mammal
Scientists from Carnegie Museum of Natural History and the Nanjing Institute
of Geology and Palaeontology of China have discovered a 125 million years
old new species of mammal from the Yixian beds of Cretaceous Age in
Northeastern China, revealing some un-expected features of early mammals

**  Beasts are back in new 'Dinomania'
A duck-billed dinosaur known as a maiasaura contentedly tends to a nest full
of hatching eggs
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  New digs for dinosaur museum
The locale has changed, but the mission is the same at the T-Rex Museum:
Expose folks to prehistoric creatures and give them hands-on experiences in
a world from millions of years ago

**  Not Dinos But: Scorpion Lives for 15 Months Inside Fossil
A scorpion lived for 15 months without food or water inside the plaster mold
of a dinosaur fossil, breaking free only when a scientist broke open the
mold.

**  Dinosaur campaign nets endowment $7,000
Ligonier residents took a negative in their town and turned it into a
dinosaur-sized positive

**  Fossil uncovered in New Mexico has crocodile, dinosaur traits
Scientists at American Museum of Natural History have discovered a fossil in
New Mexico that looks like a 6-foot-long, two-legged dinosaur along the
lines of a tyrannosaur or a velociraptor

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History