From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:08:55 -0800
As one of two moderators for the nearly 1,100 member
MuseJobs forum, on a daily basis, I post the
opportunities found in job searches from a variety of
resources.  What I have observed in the last week or
so is falling true to the pattern of the prior years
in which the MuseJobs forum has been available:  As
the new year approaches, institutions have received
their budgets for the next calendar year and have
started the hiring process.  Consequently, more jobs
of a caliber level are now starting to trickle
through.  If the pattern holds true, this may hold up
through February.

The goal of MuseJobs is to help you stay employed.
Ideally, it's in the field and job of your dreams.
However, with more candidates than there are jobs to
fill, a tight market, and often a plethora of high
college debt, the goal is to help you to become
gainfully employed, even if it is in a job that calls
for transferrable skills you can work until the
perfect job for you comes along.  The logic is also
such that, if transferrable jobs are offered, some
segment of the work group will opt out for other
things, leaving museum jobs available for those who
cannot cotton doing anything else.

MuseJobs broadens the category of museum to include
planetarium, aquarium, archaeology, anthropology,
library, galleries, college or university work, zoo,
botanical garden, and more.  Sometimes there are jobs
in other types of nonprofit organizations for those in
the development field. MuseJobs also provides updates
on the state of the job market in general (i.e.,
employment is up or down), and updates on employment
law are also included.  Information concerning
resumes, interviewing, and other tools to give you a
leg up in the hiring process are also provided on an
intermittent basis.

It's been a while since the list has been mentioned,
and I felt I should let you know about the hiring
spike and make new members aware that this free
service is available.  Hiring supervisors are
encouraged to post their job opportunities, and
employment opportunities from this list are
consistently posted to MuseJobs.

We've had some great successes in the time the list
was birthed as an offshoot of this one.  I've had
countless notes of appreciation from grateful members
who have found jobs and/or the tools for securing one
from their participation in the list.  Some who have
hired have come back in search of new opportunities
further down the road.

If you would like to avail yourself of the
opportunities the list provides, you can sign up at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs

Happy holidays, and happy job hunting!

=====
Indigo Nights