Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:02:16 -0500
We are in the process of producing a small but significant (we think)
exhibition catalog that will come out in the Spring 2004.  We are working
with a printer, not a publisher.  We don't intend to find a publisher to
market it, but I am wondering if we should fork out the money for an ISBN.
Unfortunately I can't tell how much it costs to get the ISBN because you
have to actually fill out a form at isbn.org to get to the pricing
information, so far as I can tell.  Anyway, it seems to me that the
publication will then be more accessible to researchers, we could list it in
Books in Print, and we would then have the option of sending some out with a
distributor.

Pros? Cons? Advice?  Anybody remember how much it costs to apply for an
ISBN?

Jill R. Chancey, Curator
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art
Laurel, MS