From:
Rebecca Steffens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:23:55 -0600
It strikes me from the description in this message that this position should
be considered entry-level, keeping in mind an entry-level position in the
museum profession doesn't have the same requirements as an entry-level
position at McDonalds.  It's perfectly reasonable to expect "basic office
experience" as a requirement for an entry-level position in the museum
field.  As for prior knowledge about art and museums, that's what we're
gaining by attending graduate school, doing internships and volunteering.

For an entry level position (even in LA) $20,000 is more than reasonable.

Rebecca Steffens