From:
Theresa Devine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:36:04 -0500
I think you had a question about databases? I am not in the museum
business. (Been lurking on the list just cause I find you guys
interesting) I am a web developer.  I recommend Access. I have used this
program with HUGE amounts of data and have always been happy with how it
responds. You have to understand that my job requires that the program
be opened online so the response time has to be fast. Also if you ever
want to put the collection online - a web developer can take that
database and pull the images online very easily - if this is an interest
then it will save time and money later.  If you choose a different
database then when you want to go online - it will have to be converted.
This is time (and hence money) intensive.

Just my two cents worth.  Like I said I am not in the museum business.