From:
"Carla S. Herling" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:46:26 -0500
Laura--  Our museum has an annual toy and train exhibition.  Our collection is primarily from the 1900s to the 1940s, but it was incredibly easy to find local collectors who were willing to lend us objects for our most recent show which included toys from 1900 to 1999.  Also, both
the History Channel and the Discovery Channel made videos about toys.  The History Channel's video begins in ancient times and discusses the ENTIRE history of toys, while the Discovery Channel's video focuses mostly on toys of the 1950s.  You can order them both at the respective
websites.  The History Channel also has a great timeline of toys and some more in depth information on certain toy companies and products.  The website address is http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/toys

Hope that helps.

Carla Herling
Curator of Education
Westmoreland Museum of American Art