From:
Troy Whitbread <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:39:00 -0700
Aim for commercial - but don't compete with it.  Museums have the added
benefit of having lots of interesting stuff that corporations just don't
have.  In fact, some corporate web pages allude to the company's earlier
times, and put up a small "collection" of historic products and/or origins.
 www.joeboxer.com is one such example.

We can still have hard-core content; just put it 2 or 3 levels down so as
not to scare people off; your upper pages can contain "gleanings" from
that.  Don't forget, though, that the more content you have the more
expensive it gets - just ask any Oracle (TM) professional!
The "balance" is struck with your web page design - how the pages are
presented - rather than the actual info they contain.  A nice easy to use
interface with an uncluttered layout will go a long way to holding your
visitor's interest.
The best way to get started is to get a small, "finished" product up, then
build it as the need arises.

Troy Whitbread