From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 17:54:05 -0500
At 06:21 PM 11/7/96 GMT, you wrote:
>Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       ellen faller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Titles & Genders
>
> My personal favorite was the letter I received addressed to:
>          Dear Living Person
>
> That certainly covered all the bases.

No it doesn't.  We get mail addressed to my wife's uncle, deceased.
More: When my son writes home from camp he addresses his letters to "Occupant."
Finally, more than once a computerized addresser (gender=neuter) has turned
my name to Roberta and addressed me as Ms.

Query: What is the proper form of address if a computer will read your missive?

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant
P.O. Box 93, Larchmont, NY  10538