From:
Barbara Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 09:30:00 PDT
Mary wrote:
>Not sure who this message will reach but I'm frustrated with Museum-L. Have
>sent 3 messages to John Chadwick with no response. Problem: For almosot 3
>weeks now, I have not gotten any Museum-L postings - just the Digest. Is it
>only in Digest form now? Did I miss something? Would appreciate a response
>from anyone.
>Thank you.
>Mary Maher, Editor
>Hand to Hand
>A quarterly publication of the Association of Youth Museums

Mary,

John Chadwick sent the following message to the list a while ago.  It might
explain your predicament.

Barbara Palmer

I was forced to set ALL AOL subscribers to the digest option. When AOL
added new machines all messages to AOL bounced for nearly a week. That is,
every message bounced individually. This generated about 5000 bounced
e-mail messages in three days. The choice was to remove ALL AOL subscribers
from the list or else to set AOL subscribers to the Digest option.

I do not have time to answer individual requests from AOL subscribers to
reset their mail option. AOL subscribers can re-enable their mail service
by sending mail to [log in to unmask] with one of the following
commands:

        SET Museum-L MAIL (if you want individual messages)
        SET Museum-L DIGEST (if you want digest-format mail)
        SET Museum-L INDEX (if you want digest-index-format mail)

in the *body* of the mail message. Please note that these settings are
mutually
exclusive, you can't choose more than one.

John Chadwick
owner, Museum-L