From:
Tim Vitale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:53:14 -0700
Soluvar picture varnish, gloss or matte, is also an acrylic
(B-67) in the same non-crosslinking class as B-72.  It is soluble
in VM&P Naphtha with a touch of xylene or toluene.  Point being…
B-72 could be used as the base and Soluvar (B-67) as the top
coat.  The Soluvar should not disrupt the B-72, or the carbon ink
sitting on it.

Soluvar is available in small bottles from most art stores and
many online art materials catalogs.

Tim Vitale
Paper, Photographs &
Electronic Media Conservator
Film (still) Migration to Digital Format
Digital Imaging & Facsimiles
Preservation & Imaging Consulting
Preservation Associates
1500 Park Avenue
Suite 132
Emeryville, CA 94608

510-594-8277
510-594-8799 fax
<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]>
[use of the above URL may require a "Yahoo! ID" to download
files]

Albumen website (2000) <http://albumen.stanford.edu/>
VideoPreservation Website (2007)
<http://videopreservation.stanford.edu>