From:
"Sears, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 07:48:02 -0400
When my husband took his K-1 class to the Ansel Adams exhibit, he and I came
up with a scavenger hunt - we do quite a bit with patterns (we use a sheet
we came up with using Kim Taylor's Pattern book) - and we added some color
questions. "Can you find some stripes"  "An overlapping pattern?" "Radial
pattern?" and so on...  For that particular exhibit, they had to find
examples of space, a horizon line, overlapping, near, far....
It would be great if you had photos or postcards of some of the work, the
kids (teachers) could sort, compare, group... find things in common.
Use paint samples from Porter's etc, and have the students find a match -
Examples of different lines, have them keep a record of the kinds they see -

finding shapes in art work -
Ellen

Museum-L" (without the quotes).