From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 1995 21:57:47 GMT
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Alright, would you people like me to compile a directory or not?  I've gotten
> some snitty mail from individuals not wanting to be included in such a
> directory, etc.  My patience is pretty thin on this subject and I'm tempted
> to drop the whole project.

We had this discussion last year at some point because someone was
working on the same sort of project (at the Smithsonian, wasn't it?)

In many ways the archive serves the same function better
since you can do some research before sending someone e-mail asking
a question. People generally like to respond when you have some
idea of who they are and what they've already said on your subject.
Though I haven't done it I assume you can do both a subject and
name wais search of the archives.

Robbin Murphy