From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 02:37:58 -0400
>Could you please help me with this one?
>
>Do the senior administrative staff in your museum or organisation have the
>right to access/read your e-mail at your work-place?

Since I assume you mean work related correspondence on museum bought
equipment on museum time, I would think they would have as much right to
read your email as they would your regular business correspondence or
files.  Certainly all of your files are saved in an institutional
archives and made available to those neding to use them.   As employees
our records belong to our employers.  Everytime you write a letter on
stationary or use your title you represent your words represent your
institution.  If you want private email, use your private computer on
your own time.

Matthew A. White
Director of Education and Internship Coordinator
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410)727-4808