From:
dylan j kendall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:43:01 -0800
Both Cheryl Maslin and Pamel Sezgin brought up interesting and valid
points about our search for a development person and my parenthetically
comment that salary would be taken off dollars raised (and I will take a
look at the Code of Ethics- thanks) However, i think my point was
somewhat missed!
We are a startup at the very beginning of execution and are simply
looking to expand our team. At present, we are all contributing our own
dollars to absorb the costs we are beginning to accrue. My thought was to
find someone who was willing to work on the project, help us raise money,
with the hope that we could then take dollars and hire them as staff from
operational money (point taken, though, in terms of paying a consultant).
We do not have a board yet, we have built a group of advisors- who will
potentially become board members. This project is only several months in
motion!

Otherwise, Cheryl pointed out that without a permanent we may be seen as
a gallery.
I think i remember this topic coming up on list several months ago. We
are a nonprofit organization that manages the display of cultural
artifacts, while we do not collect these artifacts- all objects are on
loan for the duration of the exhibition, we do maintain other standards
of museum practices (in terms of travelling, object care, education,
outreach etc).

Thoughts?

Dylan Kendall