From:
"Nancy S. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:01:30 -0500
Can't they just be discarded? I'm not aware that they are hazardous
materials. Burning, besides being hazardous in and of itself, might produce
and release gases, toxic or otherwise, that one would not want to breathe or
have in the immediate atmosphere.

In my experience with some personal items I had from my family, the objects
literally disintegrated into crumbs or shards. Some I kept to use as
teaching examples and the rest I tossed in the trash.

NP